Monday, May 18, 2009

Cruise/Engagement/Nursing Program


The first week of may we drove down to San Diego and went on a California cruise. We went with Seth's parents and his brother and friend. The cruise was a whole new experience that I think everyone should at least try once! Our cruise originally planned on going to Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico, but because of the swine flu outbreak we only ported in Catalina and spent the rest of the days at sea.

Monday we spent the day at Catalina. It seriously is so beautiful! They call it the island of "Romance" and it seriously is. Everyone drives around in golf carts, so we rented a six person one for the day. They called it, "Catalina Limo". At the top of the mountain there was nature walk in the botanical gardens that led to the Wrigley Monument. The view was incredible! You could see the whole island, including the ocean. As we were heading out, Seths family disappeared and he got down on one knee and proposed! I was seriously so shocked!!! I thought he was kidding until he pulled out my ring, I had no idea it was finished. He told me we still had to go pick the diamond out and do a bunch of other stuff before they could finish. I can't even remember what he said, but it was adorable. I love my ring, its exactly what I always imagined, and I constantly catch myself staring at it! So there you have it, we are officially engaged!

The rest of the trip was a blur with the excitement of the engagement. But it was so much fun, and I definitely ate way too much. All you can eat buffets, and frozen yogurt, CHOCOLATE, and our dinners were extremely nice. I'm surprised they can give you what they do for the price you pay. Each day and night they had shows and entertainment continuosly that was so much fun. We were able to watch karaoke, a magice show, and a ton of other good stuff.

After the cruise we went to a padres baseball game before heading home. It was sad to leave, but I was also anxious to get home and show everyone my ring! I think its safe to say, best vacay yet!

Seth just found out tonight he was accepted into the Nursing program at Dixie. We are so excited. I can't believe he already got in at such a young age, and on his first try! I'm so proud of him, he definitley deserves it. I guess hard work does pay off!

Well these next few months are so exciting, we get married August 7th and Seth starts school in the middle of August. Hopefully we can keep you all updated a little more frequently than we have! All in all things are going good, we started our math class this summer and we start physiology in June! No time off for us, :( haha but it will be worth it.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am so excited for you both! Congratulations. I look forward to the big day.

The Lovells said...

Congratulations. That is so awesome!

Jackee said...

Congrats on the engagement and getting in the the nursing program. It's nice things are falling into place so well for you. We're excited for you!

Harper Family said...

HELLO...CONGRATULATIONS!! Im excited for you guys!

Katy said...

Congratulations!! You guys are such a cute couple.