The other night my purse was stolen out of Seth's car. We ran into the fitness center to clock out and by the time we got back it was gone. Our new camera, my ipod, wallet and several other belongings were all inside my purse at that time. I was super upset about it, but Seth has been so good about making sure I know it wasn't my fault and that everything can be replaced (even though I know it will be a while before we can afford to). I found it hard to believe someone could actually steal until it happened to me. I have canceled all my cards and checkbook, replaced my keys to my house and am anxiously waiting for my new stuff to arrive. I haven't had time to go to the store for a new wallet or purse yet, but I will, I feel naked without one.
Well that is the latest... Life goes on right?
6 comments:
That sucks major! Seth is right, everything can be replaced, but it is really hard especially when your worried about all your identity and credit stuff. It's retarded that someone would do that! Did you check to see if there was a camera near by that would have possibly caught the crime?
What? That bites. What fitness center? Is there a camera around?
That really bites. Remember when that happened to me when we got home from our honeymoon? I was in the process of changing my last name so I had ALL my legal docs in my purse (birth cert., SS card, et). And, I had checkbooks, drivers licenses, etc with different addresses on there. So, along with keys to mom's house, my new apartment, my car, my work, they had addresses to every place that had a key. It was a nightmare. We had to re-key my car, our apartment, etc.
Oh, and my IHC badge was in there, too, with the key to my office... so ICH security had to re-key our office and give out new keys to everyone.
It was bad. I feel for you. Don't forget to check your credit reports a couple times a year for the next year or so. You get a few "free" checks per year. Tyler can help you if you want. Sorry to hear about that.
Oh, and sorry for the super long comment!
Oh, Tyler has some advice for you (he dealt with a lot of this stuff at the bank...)
He says you should contact all 3 credit bureaus (Experian.com, TransUnion.com & Equifax.com) to let them know your purse was stolen. Ask each agency to put fraud alerts on your accounts.
Also, call the DMV and report your license missing.
Did you contact the police? You should DEFINITELY file a report.
Were your car keys in there? Was your apartment address anywhere in your purse? If so, you might consider getting the whole apartment re-keyed. And possibly your car.
Oh, if your phone was in there, you can call the phone company and find out if your phone has been used and/or what calls have been made/received.
That is awful. I am so sorry. I had someone steal my purse at the derby in Delta on the 4th of July, and I was so upset. John found my purse, but all of the cash was taken - smart thief.
Has anything of what was stolen shown up? How did finals go for the both of you? Cant' wait to visit with the two of you. Enjoy the snow down that way.
How sad! I'm sorry you lost so much stuff. I hope it doesn't take too much to replace it all and that you are able to keep your identity safe. I'll probably see you on Saturday at Kristen's shower.
Post a Comment